I have a big announcement to share with you today… we are MOVING! That’s right, after 10 months of looking at a million different houses, we have found the perfect home. We’re still in the inspection period, waiting on the appraisal, but our close date is scheduled for May 18th. We are keeping our fingers crossed that everything goes smoothly from here on out.
The house definitely needs some updates, but that’s the fun part, right? Below are a couple of pictures from the realty site, which aren’t very good, but I will be sure to add some more pictures when we get moved in. We are very excited. The process is a bit surreal right now. We have been looking for so long that we can’t quite believe that we actually have a new house.
Here is a preliminary list of the to-do items:
- Paint every room in house. Right now it’s just white walls.
- New kitchen window. Eventually the whole house will need new windows, but this one has a crack.
- Molding for both floors and ceilings.
- Tear up ugly tile in kitchen and family room. I will probably just paint the concrete for now. The rest of the house has bamboo floors, but I think I will eventually put in dark wood flooring.
- Put in dog door. I would really like the pups to have come and go freedom.
- Paint the kitchen white. I know. You know me.
- Sign up for irrigation. The poor lawns are in a sorry state.
Besides arranging furniture and unpacking, these are my most immediate to-do’s. I can’t wait to share the process with you! I have some more DIY posts coming soon. I am in full packing mode so I have had to put a lot of projects on the back burner for now. Have a great Friday!