I chose the Cinnamon Apple Cake from Elana's Pantry, (my go-to grain free site), and the Pumpkin Spice Muffins. Why make one treat when you can make two, right?!
I only snapped a picture of the muffins with my phone here:
Pumpkin Spice Muffins
- In a food processor pulse together coconut flour, salt, baking soda, cinnamon and ginger
- Pulse in eggs, pumpkin, honey, shortening and stevia
- Transfer batter into paper lined muffin tin
- Bake at 350° for 25 minutes
Makes about 8 muffins
The apple cake was also delicious and I did manage to grab my camera before we dug into these bad boys.
1 apple, peeled, cored and chopped
2 tablespoons orange juice, fresh squeezed
1 cup creamy roasted almond butter
¼ cup agave nectar or honey
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
2 tablespoons cinnamon
½ teaspoon celtic sea salt
- In a food processor combine apple, oj and almond butter and pulse until well blended
- Pulse in agave, eggs, vanilla, cinnamon (yes 2 tablespoons) and salt
- Pour batter into a greased 8 x 8 inch baking dish
- Bake at 350° for 32 to 36 minutes
- Cool and serve with whipped cream
How was your Sunday?!
Recipes via Elana's Pantry